Three Ingredient Nutella Brownies

Today is Friday!

TGIFF if you know what I mean. Today I needed Friday equally as much as I needed chocolate. The food gods were smiling down on me this morning with this recipe from epicurious.com (isn't Epicurious the Greek god of food or something?). Three Ingredient Nutella Brownies SOUND like someone is punking us but they are totally real and they are glorious! Fun fact about Nutella: my daughter used to be allergic to hazelnuts, and a medical professional SAID we (she) HAD to eat Nutella (hazelnuts) a few times a week to help her grow out of her allergy. We followed those doctor's orders like he was curing her of leprosy. And we prevailed! She can eat hazelnuts now! See what a good mom I am! Also I have gone on an outing to downtown Chicago just to go to the Nutella Cafe. "Pride" isn't the word I would use exactly- unless that's what you were thinking because then I would. Dedication. Determination. Longing. All work.

Decadent. Easy. Stackable.

Three Ingredient Nutella Brownies But actually 4 ingredients?

Recipe by epicurious.com

Yield: 9 brownies 

Ingredients

2 large eggs

1 1/4 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 tsp. kosher salt They were just estimating on number of ingredients. Whatever! It's fine, you have salt.

Instructions

1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan. With your butter wrappers people!

2) Beat eggs on low speed with paddle attachment of stand mixer. Once combined, add the Nutella. Once those are combined, add the flour and salt. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl as you combine ingredients.

mmmmm...silky

Now, this batter is messy, so when you get it on your fingers, you go ahead lick it off. Show those medical professionals that you laugh in the face of their silly recommendations. But wash your hands after. Keep it professional.

3) Pour batter into greased pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. My "cake tester" was clean after 25 minutes.

Here is what they look like fresh outta the oven. My kids loved the crisp, flaky top.

Here's them looking delicious near some flowers.

 

  



Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Piccata, Lemony Orzo & Caesar Salads for a Crowd

Crispy Sheet Pan Fish Tacos

Lentil Stew with Poached Eggs

Liz: On Picky Eaters

Picky eaters? Never liked ‘em. Don’t really believe them either. I allow everyone maybe five foods they truly hate. You like mushrooms. You do! You may just need to give them another chance. There are so many different ways to prepare different foods and so many different seasonings and sauces that I just can’t believe someone when they tell me they don’t like something. I usually blame the parents. It’s probably your mom’s fault you think you don’t like fish or green beans. Well, you are the chef now, and food has come a long way since your mom was cooking for you every night. If I can learn to love a good honey balsamic marinade when honey is the most disgusting food on the planet, you can do it too! And any little people in your home may just follow suit. ;0)