Big Game Wings Super Bowl

 Today is Super Bowl Sunday!

SUPER BOWL! Ah ha ha ha ha ha! I said it! FBI guys are gonna break through my windows momentarily! WHY can't I say it!?! I don't understand?! And why The Weekend?! He is not Lady Gaga and nothing makes sense. Ok folks, let's be honest, I had several 13% proof Cutwaters and some of my kids are still up so I'm gonna make this real short and sweet. I made wings tonight. And people who like wings said these were GOOOOD wings so that's what I'm sticking to. You should make them too. Why are the commercials never ever funny anymore? Why did Gisele take Tom? Why? Why!

Liz's Honey Chipotle Citrus Wings 

Yield 12 wings (1.5 lbs.) 

Ingredients

12 chicken wings (1.5 lbs) I had a baker's dozen actually. Because I can't count.

1/4 cup flour

2 tsp. spice rub I used Stephanie Izard's Little Goat went to Cuba. You can use anything you like or just 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

1 tsp. salt

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup orange juice

1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced I used three minced peppers for a very spicy sauce. One pepper gives you a small kick, two peppers are medium, three are spicy.

2 T. soy sauce

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 cup butter (4 T.)

1/2 tsp. flour

Instructions

1)  Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rack with oil and place over foil-lined cookie tray. DRY chicken wings with a paper towel. Dry Dry. Mix flour, spice rub and salt in a bowl or bag. Toss wings in rub. Place wings on a rack and bake 45-60 minutes.


2) When wings are cooking, melt butter and remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Toss baked wings with sauce.



Liz's Garlic Parmesan Wings 

Yield 12 wings (1.5 lbs.) 

Ingredients

12 chicken wings (1.5 lbs)

1/4 cup flour

2 T. grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/4 cup, separated

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 cup butter (4 T.)

 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced

2 T. fresh parsley, chopped

Instructions

1)  Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rack with oil and place over foil-lined cookie tray. DRY chicken wings with a paper towel. Dry Dry. Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl or bag. Toss wings in rub. Place wings on a rack and bake 45-60 minutes.


2) Right before wings are done, melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds. Let cool for a few minutes and add in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and minced garlic. Toss wings with butter mix and top with more cheese and parsley.



 

 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Piccata, Lemony Orzo & Caesar Salads for a Crowd

Crispy Sheet Pan Fish Tacos

Lentil Stew with Poached Eggs

Liz: On Picky Eaters

Picky eaters? Never liked ‘em. Don’t really believe them either. I allow everyone maybe five foods they truly hate. You like mushrooms. You do! You may just need to give them another chance. There are so many different ways to prepare different foods and so many different seasonings and sauces that I just can’t believe someone when they tell me they don’t like something. I usually blame the parents. It’s probably your mom’s fault you think you don’t like fish or green beans. Well, you are the chef now, and food has come a long way since your mom was cooking for you every night. If I can learn to love a good honey balsamic marinade when honey is the most disgusting food on the planet, you can do it too! And any little people in your home may just follow suit. ;0)